Saturday, June 11, 2011

United States Friendliest and Happiest Country on the Planet

By Douglas V. Gibbs

A couple days ago one of the local radio stations reported that according to a recent survey Americans are the friendliest on the planet. However, when I got home to research the source of this radio station's claim, I found no survey indicating such. An HSBC survey has the United States at fourth. Others I found list America at third, sixth, eighth, and a few don't even have the United States in the top ten.

Some of my reading indicated that among non-Americans the U.S. tends to be the most friendliest, but Americans often pick another country.

I wonder, when the question is posed to Americans, if the more liberal the person, the more likely they are not to choose the U.S. as the friendliest.

North Koreans, however, consider China to be the happiest country, and the dark hole of North Korea to rank second.

The least happy at #203? - The United States, of course.

I guess it depends on who you ask.

As far as I am concerned, and I have done my share of traveling, the United States is the friendliest and happiest country on the planet.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: